The jewelry and other art pieces you'll find on this web site are examples of the kinds of things we are able to custom-create for you. We don't maintain an inventory of finished work, ready to ship to a customer. Rather, we have an inventory of component materials: silver and gold-filled wire, raw semi-precious stones, various accent pieces such as Swarovski crystals, and the jewelry findings needed to turn all this into your finished artwork.
So, how do we deliver the finished "wearable art" you want? It's a six step process...
1. "Begin with the end in mind." What attracts you? Have you seen something on our web site, from among our examples, that calls to you? Or perhaps you have an idea of your own that you would like to have turned into reality. Maybe you're attracted to a particular kind of semi-precious stone, such as lapis lazuli, malachite, labradorite, or rhodochrosite. The first step is yours—communicate to us what you want. We're reachable by phone or e-mail (above). Even if you contact us by e-mail, we'll end up discussing your desires by phone.
2. Complete a Client Worksheet and Order. Your next step is to download and complete a client worksheet. The link at right will connect you to a worksheet (Acrobat file) that you can print and fill out. We can help you with this by phone. When the form is complete, you can scan and e-mail it to us, or send it to us by traditional mail. While we're waiting for your worksheet to arrive, we'll transact a deposit with you, normally half the value of the final price. We can accept checks or credit cards. At this point, we'll provide you a shipping or delivery date. If you need expedited delivery, please let us know when we complete the client worksheet.
3. Design. If your custom creation involves a semi-precious stone, we'll start by designing a shape and drafting a 1-to-1 scale diagram of the finished stone. We'll send you an image of this design for your approval or suggested changes. Then we'll cut and polish the stone into its finished form.
4. Concept Approval. With your approval of the stone size and design, we'll prepare and send you an artist's conception of the final piece. This conception will be a close approximation of (but maybe not completely identical to) the finished piece. (We're limited by what our graphic software can do...) After you give us the nod on the artist conception, we'll...
5. Complete the Work. Normally, with a stone already approved, cut and polished, this will not require more than 2-3 days. If we need to order specialized components, it might be a little longer, but we'll advise you of this delay.
6. Ship the Product. We'll provide you a photo image of your finished piece or set. At this time, we'll also require a check or PayPal payment for the balance of the order and insured shipping. We'll also ask you for feedback on both the final creation and your experience working with us.
Our guarantee to you... If, after delivery, you encounter any problem with workmanship with your wearable art, or if it requires repair for any reason other than abuse, we'll repair it free of charge. Please see our customer service policy for details.
[INSERT IMAGES OF UNFINISHED AND FINISHED STONE ]
[INSERT IMAGE OF COMPLETED PIECE]